Important information relating to the Slider component
In 1.7 support for the ‘enable range’ option to turn a single slider into a dual slider has been temporarily removed. This capability will be re-introduced in a later version. If this is a requirement for you please let us know and stay on version 1.6 for the time being.
Also, in this release, we have fixed a number of issues that were causing issues with the sizing and alignment of sliders. The result of this is that when a project saved from an earlier version of Squirrel is opened in 1.7 positions of sliders may have changed slightly and may need to be manually repositioned.
Additionally in 1.7 support for “end values” has changed. In previous releases the “end value” option for a slider would add a text label outside the bounds on the slider to indicate the currently selected value, as in the image below:
As a result, 1.7 no longer has the option for the slider to display an integrated end value. If you need to display an end value for a slider this can be done by adding a separate text label and binding it to the same cell as the slider.
Projects which were created in previous versions of Squirrel will be automatically updated when opened in 1.7 to split the end value into a separate text label. You may need to make small adjustments to the position of this label to make the project look exactly as it appeared in the previous release.
Important information relating to the Value Input component
We have added the ability to style the numbers in the input field.
However, support for “labels” has changed. In previous releases, the “label” option for a value input would add a text label to the left of the main component.
However, similar to sliders (above), this caused issues for sizing and alignment of components. As a result 1.7 no longer has the option to add an integrated label. If you need to display a label for a slider this can be done by adding a separate text label and positioning it appropriately.
Projects which were created in previous versions of Squirrel will be automatically updated when opened in 1.7 to split any value input labels which were present into a separate text label. You may need to make small adjustments to the position of this label to make the project look exactly as it appeared in the previous release.
Add-on Components and Functions
We’ve introduced the framework for add-on components and functions for Squirrel. You’ll see this in the designer in the form of both a new icon in the component library and a new function. For now, it’s just the plumbing required to make these things work, but watch this space as we further roll this capability out over the coming weeks and months.
Let us know If there is a particular component you would like to see as an add-on or if you are interested in joining our component developer program.
Designer workflow improvements
Undo/redo extended to bindings and the spreadsheet
Undo and redo (both from the edit menu options and the keystrokes ctrl-z, ctrl-y) have been extended to cover bindings and spreadsheet activity.
Note: all actions are managed in a single list. So whether actions take place on the canvas, in the property sheets or the spreadsheet they are all undone in turn in the reverse order to originally taking place.
Size matching actions available from the “align” toolbar
The “Make same width”, “Make same height” and “Make same size” actions are now available from the rightmost icon on the toolbar at the top of the property sheet as well as from the “Arrange” menu.
- Added styling and formatting for the Value Input (spinner)
- We’ve made it possible to change the orientation of the X-Axis labels on a bar chart.
- All charts (except pie charts) now have animation options to control if, when and for how long animation occurs. The options are available via a new ANIMATION sub-section of the GENERAL settings
- There’s a new option to “Update value real-time” on Text Input controls. Turning this on will cause the spreadsheet cell to be updated with each keystroke, not just when the whole entry is complete or the field loses focus. The setting is available in the DATA INSERTION section of the property sheet.
Trigger a data mover when a spreadsheet cell changes (previously it was only possible when a cell was set to a particular value)
We’ve added support for removing and changing password protection on generated PDF’s these include:
- Password to open
- Password to edit
- Allowing editing
- Allowing copying
Spreadsheet workflow enhancements
To make working with the Squirrel spreadsheet easier we’ve been fine-tuning added a number of enhancements and new features including:
- Improved Rebind workflow (get straight to the bind screen to rebind or clear the input field and confirm to remove)
- Added support for Page Up, Page Down and Ctrl+Home navigation keystrokes in the spreadsheet
- Delete sheet warning
Copy spreadsheet data from Debug mode
You can now copy (ctrl+c) data from the spreadsheet to the clipboard during debug.
Copied values can then be pasted (ctrl+v) into the spreadsheet in design view (useful for grabbing sample data from a connector).
Spreadsheet Formula helper
Typing in the formula bar now pops up a list of matching functions.Use the cursor keys or a single click to select an item in the dropdown to see a description
With the required function highlighted you can double click or press “tab” or “return” to insert it and display the syntax/arguments. No more popping back into excel to remind yourself how to structure a VLOOKUP!!
This new connector lets you retrieve data from your SAP BusinessObjects system using “Query as a web Service” (QaaWS).
Revised start page and improved onboarding
An all-new start page experience. From here you can access recent files, browse a list of available templates, select from popular pre-canned sizes for your project or app. Get easy access to help and tutorials and discover what’s new in Squirrel365.
We squished over 190 bugs including:
- Column and bar charts scale truncated with negative numbers
- Scorecard – editing cells with thousand separators enters a bad number
- Listbox selected item does not work if the items are numbers
- Listbox selected item not working if “Include ALL item” selected
- ROW and COLUMN functions not working
- EOMONTH function not working properly
- Data table not inheriting some formatting in the first row of the table
- Line component does not always update its position when x and y are dynamically bound
- Dropdown near bottom of a project (not in container) scrolls the whole canvas
- Bar/Column Chart series opacity doesn’t work
- BIWS crashes when invalid WSDL entered
- Unable to Export Spreadsheet due to colour formatting
- Crosshairs remain visible when the “Chart cursor” option is disabled