Squirrel Release Notes
Hotfix for an issue relating to scorecards The following issues were present in scorecards with automatic column sizing turned off: Scrolling in the table with Row Selection enabled causes an offset with hover and data insertion A bottom scroll bar appears,...
Hotfix for an issue relating to scorecards
The following issues were present in scorecards with automatic column sizing turned off:
- Scrolling in the table with Row Selection enabled causes an offset with hover and data insertion
- A bottom scroll bar appears, even if the total of the column widths is less than the component width. Will disappear upon interaction with the component in Debug/Preview.
Hotfix for an issue relating to volatile functions Fixed an issue where formula engine improvements in 1.15 were causing NOW(), TODAY(), RAND() and RANDBETWEEN() function not to calculate on load Also fixed a problem with the webi connector was not...
Hotfix for an issue relating to volatile functions
- Fixed an issue where formula engine improvements in 1.15 were causing NOW(), TODAY(), RAND() and RANDBETWEEN() function not to calculate on load
- Also fixed a problem with the webi connector was not refreshing properly
- There was an issue with scenarios, only when hidden, that could cause a crash. This has been fixed too.
Hotfix (optional) for a few specific issues
- Fixed an issue where the charts were flickering if bound to the x,y cursor pos of a hotspot.
- Setting padding to 0 on a repeat container caused the designer to crash.
- Interacting with the option to ‘Ignore series with no name’ could cause designer to black screen.
- Sorted a problem where the drop down wouldn’t decrease in size below 15 pt font.
Hotfix for an issue with Data Sheets
- Fixed an issue where Data Sheets were not loading correctly due to the property panel not loading the correct setting.
Hotfix for crash when opening files
- In 1.15 we implemented a fix to address an issue with the series name in the sorting dropdown being incorrect. Unfortunately, this introduced another issue where charts that have sorting turned on, but no data values would caused the project to crash. This hotfix addresses the issue.
Repeat Container – Save time using the new Repeat Container
Building interfaces just got loads easier. Drag and arrange objects into the repeat container and they are automatically repeated in rows (column and grid layouts coming soon). The magic happens when you bind the container to a range that contains all the values that should be dynamically replaced in the property bindings for each new instance of the object/component.
Ever wondered what is putting data into that cell in the spreadsheet? or if you’ll break anything if you update a valuue or formula? With Impact analysis we’ve made it possible to select a cell in the spreadsheet and find out what components, functions or connections are bound to that cell, or even what formulas are referencing it.
Bulk property editing – Update properties on multiple objects in one go
New and updated components, functions and connections
- Text Area – NEW
- Multi-select Dropdown – NEW
- Browser Info – NEW
- Hotspot now lets you capture the mouse position ( x and y)
- CSV connector gets Data Sheet option
We also squished a bunch of bugs and made a few improvements including:
- Adding alignment options in to the quick setup tab on Text Label
- Fixed an issue where the zoom level wasn’t reseting properly on the selection layer after going into an out of debug
- Object browser icons now display properly on high DPI screens
- We fixed a few bothersome chart issues including tooltips not ignoring end blanks, alerting not working when sorting is applied and a crash when binding pie charts to a single cell
- Number formatting on slider tooltip fixed.
Learn more about the changes in 1.15 here.
Hotfix (optional) for a couple of issues
- Fixed an issue with pie charts not displaying correctly. In some circumstances, they would appear as a vertical title. Only affected charts in containers that are made visible before their parent container.
- Parameters were being passed to a DB query as undefined rather than null when the cell is empty
Performance improvements – Faster loading projects
We’ve improved runtime load performance (the time it takes to load the published project) and reduced the length of time taken to open large projects in the designer. We’ve seen files open up to 14x quicker and published projects load up to 19x faster in the browser.
The spreadsheet is getting quicker too. We’ve optimised how the calculation engine runs to get the same results with less processing.
Scrollbars on containers
Make your projects more versatile with scrolling containers. The container component now includes an option to enable scrollbars. Turn this on to get scrollbars appearing.
Conditional logic for Dynamic Visibility
You can now choose to show or hide components based on more than just matching a value. Conditions include:
- equal / not equal
- gtr than / gtr than equal to
- less than / less than equal to
- is empty / is not empty
We’ve also added the option to ignore the case
It’s now easier to set up and configure parameters for integrating with Tableau. The new Tableau Parameter function makes passing data into your embedded Squirrel projects a cinch.
We also squashed a bunch of bugs including:
- Tooltips are back on the slider component
- Clicking on the binding tooltip now changes the active sheet and scrolls the sheet to bring the active cell/range into view
- Changed the abbreviation for values in charts to use B, rather than G, for billions
- Fixed a scenario where the designer would crash when using Data Insertion on Bar Chart with sorting applied.
Learn more about the changes in 1.14 here.
Hotfix to stop the designer crashing when adding a line component
- Fixed an issue where the designer was crashing when adding a line component (only happened when adding it by drawing it to size)
- Drop down was not setting the selected item in preview (or published output)
- Radio button blocking selection in filtered rows mode.
Hotfix (optional) to fix legend colours on charts and a couple of minor issues
- Series colours were not always updating properly in the legend
- Data table not honouring colours in the spreadsheet
- Fixed an error where deleting columns or rows could on rare occasions break formulas
- An issue with lowercase or mixed case named ranges not working properly in formulas
- There was an issue with webi custom elements not handling single value parameters properly.
Hotfix for an issue on import spreadsheet and charts flickering
- There was an issue where users reported charts flickering after upgrading to 1.13.5
- Fixed a prob where data was not coming into the Tableau extension properly
- Importing spreadsheets could cause absolute cell references to be lost when importing a .xlsx if they were created with auto-fill (grab handle). Read more about this here.