Publishing to Squirrel Cloud
Once a project is completed, it needs to be published so that it can be shared and used outside of Squirrel. With the introduction of Squirrel cloud, your projects can be published directly to the cloud and stored there. From there they can easily be shared in a web viewer, embedded in a web page, or added to a PowerPoint presentation. (See the Project Manager tutorial for more information about sharing your projects.) Watch the following video to see how to publish your project to the cloud, or alternatively follow the step-by-step guide beneath the video if you prefer.
- Save your .sqrl development file and then switch to PREVIEW mode.
- Click the PUBLISH button in the top right hand corner of the interface and select Cloud.
- A dialogue box is shown, giving options for publishing to the Squirrel cloud:
- The first option is to choose to publish as a new project or to overwrite a previously published project:
- When choosing the latter, the dropdown list will show a list of projects that have previously been published to the cloud, select one to overwrite. The name of that file will be added to the Name field.
- If you choose to publish as a new project, ensure that option is selected and then type the name of the project in the Name field.
- The next option is the background colour, which you can change to tie in with a theme or your brand guidelines. A background may be shown around your project depending on the dimensions of the project and the relative viewer size.
- A loading indicator is added by default to a project. This is useful if say, a large project with lots of data takes a little while to load in a browser window, adding this indicator lets you or other users know that it is currently loading. Set to Off if it is not required or necessary.
- Change the colour of the indicator to tie in with a theme or brand guidelines.
- The final set of publishing properties give you some control over granting access to your published project:
- Adding an expiry date will terminate access to a published project wherever or however it has been shared from that date onwards.
- Check the Password Protect property to add a password. This will need to be entered for a user to gain access to the published project.
- Click the Publish button.
- The Project Manager will open and you will see your newly published project added there.
That’s the end of this guide to publishing to Squirrel cloud. For more information on using Squirrel, the project manager and sharing your projects, take a look at our other tutorials and videos.